We’re sharing our five top tips for preparing your home for a spring sale.
Here are the five steps for preparing your home for sale in the spring market:
1. Declutter and organize. No matter when you’re selling, this step is a must. If an item has been sitting in a box, you forgot you had it, or it’s in the way, put it in the garage or a storage unit. If you need boxes or storage space, reach out to us, we can help you with that.
2. Paint. Evaluate your walls to see what’s been nicked or damaged. Patch those up and apply a fresh coat of paint. This will make a world of difference; it makes rooms feel clean and refreshed. This step is more crucial than ever since we’ve been spending more time in our homes; you may have more wear and tear than usual.
“Curb appeal is critical—it’s the first impression buyers get of your property.”
3. Deep clean your house. Deep clean the entire house, and pay special attention to the inside and outside of the windows. Then open the blinds and let the sun in—you’ll be impressed by how much more light your home gets when the windows are sparkling clean.
4. Clean the carpets. You may have noticed some stains or wear and tear around high-traffic areas, so get the carpets cleaned. Your house will not only be cleaner, but it will also look and feel that way too.
5. Improve your curb appeal. Curb appeal is critical—it’s the first impression buyers get of your property. Get out the rake, hose, lawnmower, and edger. Plant flowers, lay mulch, and ensure your home looks as sharp on the outside as possible.
If you have any questions or are considering buying or selling, please reach out to us via phone or email. We’d be glad to help you.