Here are five tips you can use to sell your home in this crazy market.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that our market is shifting. Don’t panic just yet—you can still sell your home for top dollar in this market. However, you’ll have to adapt. That’s why we want to share five home-selling tips you can use to navigate this market:
1. Use a real estate agent. Make sure you work with someone experienced who has their finger on the pulse of the market. They’ll help you position yourself to receive the best deal possible.
2. Don’t make panicked decisions. Selling your home is an emotional process under normal circumstances. Now, it’s more important than ever to approach your sale as a business transaction. A good agent should be the voice of reason that prevents you from making emotionally-charged decisions.
3. Avoid overpricing your home. Just a few months ago, it was difficult to overprice your home. Now, you have to be smarter about where you set your price to attract a shrinking pool of buyers.
4. Change your expectations and demands. About a year ago, we said buyers needed to offer the sun and moon to secure a home. That situation is changing, and it’s happening quickly. As a seller, you need to be realistic about your demands, or your buyer might pack up and look for another house.
5. Trust only reliable and credible sources. Some news sources might claim that the sky is falling and the market is crashing, but that isn’t the case at all. As a seller, you need reliable information to make wise decisions, so make sure you get your information from a great source.
If you have questions about today’s topic or anything else, please call or email us. We are always willing to help!