If you’re looking to sell your home during the holidays, which is actually a viable time to list (despite all the misconceptions to the contrary), here are five tips to help you find success:
1. Tastefully decorate your home for the holidays. What better time to accentuate the emotional appeal of your home to potential buyers than the holidays?
2. Deep clean before you decorate. Make sure that every nook and cranny is white-glove clean.
3. Keep the home warm. Don’t turn down the heat; in fact, turn it up a little bit. Turn on all your lights, and if you have a fireplace, light it or turn it on to help bring in some emotion. Another good idea is to light some holiday-scented candles to keep your home smelling fresh and cozy.
4. Price your house properly. Traditionally, real estate moves a bit slower during the holidays, so pricing your home correctly is critical.
5. Be patient during the process. Showings may come at inconvenient times, especially during the holidays, when you’ll likely have your own plans to contend with. Just try to be patient with the process. If the home doesn’t sell during the holiday season, it’ll sell eventually.
“Light some holiday-scented candles to keep your home smelling fresh.”
If you have further questions about real estate, don’t hesitate to reach out to your Colemere Realty specialists. We’d love to answer them.