We have five successful tips to help you sell your home during the holiday season.
To successfully sell your home during the cold and often busy holiday season, here are five tips you need to keep in mind:
1. Embrace the season. Home sellers often ask if they should decorate their homes for the holidays if they plan to sell, and the answer is yes—but do it tastefully! What better time to evoke the buyer’s emotions and cause them to imagine their own family celebrating the holidays in your home when it becomes theirs?
2. Deep clean before you decorate. Make sure you get every nook and cranny so that your property is, as our stager calls it, “white-glove clean.”
3. Keep the home warm. Don’t turn down the heat, but rather turn it up a little bit. Turn on all the lights, and if you have a fireplace, be sure to light it. The light and warmth helps to bring in more emotion and opens up your spaces. Also, bring in the scent of the holidays with a nice candle; this will help the buyer get into the holiday spirit.
4. Price your home correctly. Traditionally, real estate moves a little bit slower during the holidays, so it’s critical to correctly price your home. You don’t want your home to sit stagnant on the market because it’s overpriced!
5. Be patient. Showings may be requested at inconvenient times, and with everything else going on during the holidays, it can be a little stressful. Just be patient with the process; if the home doesn’t sell during the holidays, it will when the spring market comes. If that happens, we can always change your listing photos to match the season.
If you have any questions about real estate, please feel free to reach out to Colemere Realty Specialists. We’d love to hear from you. In the meantime, have a wonderful holiday season.