Whether you are thinking of selling your home in the near future or not, it never hurts to have it looking its best. If your home needs any of the repairs below, they need to be addressed sooner rather than later. Doing so will save you thousands.
1. Caulk your cracks. If there is a joint in the settling that has moved or a crack in the floor, make sure to caulk it.
2. Clean out your dryer vent. Lint buildup is a fire hazard. Use a shop vac to clean it out.
3. Roof repairs. Anytime there is a bad storm and you have roof damage, you want it to be taken care of as soon as possible.
4. Chimney sweeping. Do this once a year to make sure your chimney is free of creosote, bird nests, and other flammables.
5. Change your HVAC filters. If they get too dirty, they can shut your system down.
6. Pest problems. Bugs or rodents of any kind should be eradicated as soon as possible.
7. Plumbing leaks. Even if it’s just a small drip, attacking any plumbing issues head-on and proactively is the best move.
8. Peeling paint. We see this a lot on the exterior of homes. It’s so easy to take care of and it can be such an eyesore to buyers.
9. Drainage problems. You don’t want to have a clogged rain gutter or a negative slope grade on your home. Over time, that can cause big problems in terms of water penetration and foundation cracking.
If you have any questions for us or are looking to buy or sell a home, don’t hesitate to reach out. Give us a call or send us an email today.